Dr. Preeth Raghuram Shetty
Specialist Pediatric Dentist
NMC Day Surgery, MBZ, Abu Dhabi
A child's smile is one of life’s greatest blessings and as a Pediatric Dentist, It gives us even more pleasure to be the facilitator of bringing back that beautiful smile on your child’s face. Here we believe in a holistic approach assessing not just your child’s dental status but also monitor his facial development to make sure that smile keeps blooming as your child grows.
- BDS (Bachelor of dental surgery) from SDM College of dental sciences, Dharwad in 2000
- MDS (Master of dental surgery) from AB Shetty memorial institute of Dental sciences in 2005
- Diploma (Dip Ortho) in functional and neuromuscular orthodontics (ICNOG, Italy)
- Currently pursuing his PhD in PAHER university, India.
- Dr. Preeth is an experienced dentist with over 12 years of teaching graduates and post graduate students.
- He was professor in an esteemed institution in India before joining NMC.
- Spearheaded many research projects funded by multinational companies like 3M and National agencies like Indian council of medical research (ICMR). He has two pending patents to his credit.
- He has published more than 8 research papers in both international and national journals, co-authored two books published by Lambert publication, Germany and is also a peer reviewer in many journals.
- He has also won 'best paper award' for his presentation on 'antimicrobial and cytotoxic effects of intracanal medicaments in primary pulp therapy' in an international conference.
Dr. Preeth has 17 years of clinical experience in the field of Dentistry with exclusive Pediatric dental practice of more than 12 years.
His expertise includes
- Prevention and management of early childhood decay.
- Behaviour management, management of pre co-operative, un co-operative and children with special needs with nitrous oxide -oxygen conscious sedation.
- Habit breaking, preventive and interceptive orthodontics and facial development.
- Management of cleft lip and palate with naso alveolar moulding optimal facial development.
- Pediatric endodontics, Ravascularisation and regenerative endodontics and management of traumatic injuries to teeth.
- He is also very experienced in performing complete oral (full mouth) rehabilitation under General anesthesia.
Dr. Preeth can communicate fluently in English, Hindi, Kannada and Tulu
Language Known : English, Hindi, Kannada and Tulu